1. There are plenty of shimmery highlighters out there, but this one is natural, and gives a dewy shimmer for a subtle glow for all skin tones- plus, the argan oil helps to keep skin moisturized while we glow. It’s a definite go-to for summer. (Josie Maran Illuminizer)
2. Keep your skin soft, hydrated, and protected with this MyChelle skin-loving, chemical-free, SPF. It also has a hint of natural coconut for some extra love. (MyChelle-SPF Sun Shield)
3. My absolute favorite BB cream- it protects against UVA/UVB rays with natural SPF 30, helps with anti-aging, gives your skin moisture, all while creating a lovely glow. Definitely a ‘foundation’ with the punch of a skin treatment. Love, love, love. (Tarte BB Cream)
4. Give your skin some silky ‘after-sun’ love with Savannah Bee Company’s Royal-Jelly Body Butter. Packed with goodies your skin needs after being out in the sun all day- like vitamins, lipids, and amino acids- it’s ‘naturally’ a must. The scent is amazing as well, with some ‘southern inspired’ goodness, pecan butter and blackberry. Yum. (Savannah Bee Body Butter)
5. Again, Josie Maran is a wonder and I’m a devout new fan. Her new Coconut Water Cheek Gelee’s are like summertime packed into tiny packages. If you have sensitive skin, like this girl, it is literally a blush from heaven- not to mention it also makes for a beautiful lip color. I’m a fan of ‘Poppy Paradise’, but I literally stood in Sephora forever trying to decide the best color. Amazing. xoxo. (Josie Maran Coconut Cheek Gelee)
5. Of course, a new favorite for beach days are all things ‘Daisy-inspired’ (courtesy of my obsession with The Great Gatsby). For extra sun protection I thought this lovely, Daisy-channeling, peach-hued J.Crew hat what would look lovely while catching up on some reading. (J.Crew summer hat)
xoxo. Glow-on loves.
Morning Loves. Hope your weekend was a dear.
This is a spastic post. Mainly because I was all over the place this weekend, and well, pretty much altogether.
The weekend was met with exactly three birthdays, and looking back, it almost seems I haven’t been anywhere but a car for the better part of all of them. So to the parent’s house I went, partly because one of the birthday’s included my Father’s 72nd birthday, which still seems crazy to me! I can never quite grasp he was born in 1940, but his history has made a big impact of my own life, and so for that I will forever be grateful.
However, to add to the madness, there were a lot of question marks as to what random ideas I would pull together for a gift, but, there is one thing my father does adore. Food (as any man, of course). So I found some knicks and knacks of sorts which perhaps might help you if you’re in a crunch during a loved one’s birthday, as I was;
1. Sarabeth’s Strawberry-Rhubard Jam; Which may I say I had this a.m. and it was delicious/highly recommended.
2. This fancy Grapeseed Oil for high-heat cooking, plus the company itself seems pretty awesome.
3. Oh, so salty, Capers for Fall-inspired recipes.
4. Garlic-Basil Oil for bread dipping/quick appetizers.
5. A large ice-cube tray for cocktails- it’s great because the ice melts slowly so your drinks don’t become too watery!
5. And, an awesome versatile (stove top, oven, microwave!), Italian Terracotta, cooking pan. Which also helps because it’s Green. 🙂
After the present was already given, of course, I realized a good coffee would have been another great addition. Then again, there is still Christmas’s steady approach. However, all in all, it was kind of a perfect assortment because both my Mom and Dad could use it, which made me feel like I didn’t leave her out. So that was nice. Anyhow(www)…
Even in the hectic last-minute birthday cake runs, present searching, and deciding on an either funny or serious card (another dreaded decision!), laughter filled a lot of the craziness in. Which isn’t too hard because I have one of the funniest people in the world around a lot of the time, my boyfriend (aww, haha.), but, this book made for a pretty good competition. Have you ever heard of SkippyJon Jones? My niece’s fourth birthday was this weekend and I looked high and low for a good children’s book and came across this absolute jewel. We read it on the way to their house and…hysterical. Seriously, I haven’t laughed at a children’s book since I was a child myself, and for any parents out there/crazies like me whom love funny randoms…this book is too cute and hilarious!
Another high, the weather. It was a chilly cool which called for two essentials; 1. Jason’s Cocoa Butter (heart, heart, heart!) because my skin seems to be switching to dehydration mode (<—post I’ll touch on very soon!), 2. and a little more layering. I wore a light beige J.Crew chunky cardigan I bought last year and practically lived in it yesterday. It was pretty much amazing. Aside from my makeup-less face and non-strategical ‘messy hair’ look, but whatever.
On that note, this rainy morning is definitely calling for a latte. Au revoir, my beautifuls. xoxo.
She did such an amazing job last night, I couldn’t help saying how beautiful she looked and how much I enjoyed watching her speech. Not only that, she seems so accessible and relatable, to me. Her whole speech at the DNC last night was very humanistic and beyond the usual “Please vote for my husband” fluff. No matter what may divide you, you must give credit where credit is deserved, so thanks Michelle for giving such an inspirational speech and being such a lovely- and beyond strong- woman. Cheers!
ps…I love that she wore those darling J. Crew shoes, don’t you? Love.